LAST UPDATED: May 25, 2018
INDIVIDUALS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES WHO USE THE LAVU WEBSITES
If you are located outside the United States and you use the LAVU Websites, by such usage, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you acknowledge such transfer.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect information from you in various ways when you access or use the LAVU Websites, including, without limitation, in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information Which We May Collect Via Information You Provide to Us
We may collect the information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, telephone number and password when you create an account.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location or by entering your city, state and/or zip code information), we may use that information to provide you with location-based information, such as the location of restaurants in your proximity that use Lavu’s applications, products or services. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- If you utilize our applications, products or services which allow you to store preferences such as your location, recent orders and favorite menu items in order to make it more convenient for you to place additional orders in the future, we may collect that information.
- If you order menu items from Lavu’s Websites or from third-party websites that use Lavu’s applications, products or services, we may collect information which we believe is necessary to complete the transaction, including, without limitation, your name and address.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we may collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email.
- We may also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as any information requested by Lavu if you contact us regarding information about or support requests for any Lavu applications, products or services.
(b) Personal Information Which We May Collect Via Technology
We may collect certain information from you automatically as described below when you access and use the LAVU Websites or LAVU’s applications, products or services:
- Information Collected by Lavu’s Servers. To make the Lavu Websites and Lavu’s applications, products and services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from you, including the referring/exit pages, your browser type, domain name, date/time stamp of your visit and your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or device when you use the Internet). We use this information to analyze trends, administer and update the Lavu Websites and Lavu’s applications, products and services, to monitor for fraudulent activities and for the efficacy of our fraud management tools, and to better tailor our applications, products and services to our users’ needs.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded Lavu’s mobile application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include, without limitation, your geographic location, how you use the Lavu application(s), and information about the type of mobile device you use. In addition, in the event Lavu’s application crashes your mobile device, we may receive information about your mobile device model software version and the device carrier, which allow us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve performance of Lavu’s application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
(c) Social Networking Websites and Services
The LAVU Websites and LAVU’s applications, products and services may allow users to access a social networking sites (each, an “SNS”) to interact with and share with their friends their experiences with LAVU or company’s which utilize LAVU’s applications, products or services. If you use an SNS that LAVU supports, and then entering your SNS login credentials on such SNS we may receive information from that SNS to make it easier for you to create an account with LAVU and to show you our relevant content on such SNS. Any information that we collect from each of your SNS account may depend on the privacy settings you have with such SNS, so please consult your SNS’s privacy and data practices.
(d) Location Information.
If you have enabled location services on your mobile device and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the LAVU Websites or by LAVU’s applications, products or services, we may collect your location information in order to locate those restaurants or other businesses which are in proximity to you and which utilize LAVU’s applications, products or services. If you do not want us to collect this information collected, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or disable location services on your mobile device.
TYPE OF INFORMATION WHICH WE DO NOT NORMALLY COLLECT
We do not collect or process any of the following types of data unless we are required to do so by law (such as in the event of a court case)
- Race or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union memberships
- Genetic or biometric data
- Health or mortality
- Sex life or sexual orientation
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
(a) General Use
In general, we use your personal information to respond to your requests as submitted through the LAVU Websites or through LAVU’s applications, products and services, to provide you with the information, products and services that you request, or to aid us in serving your better. We may use your personal information in one or more of the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and to secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of the Lavu Websites and Lavu’s applications, products and services;
- provide the applications, products and services you request;
- improve the quality of your experience when you interact with the Lavu Websites or when you use Lavu’s applications, products and services
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address that was provided when your account with Lavu was created
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other communications from Lavu
- solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our applications, products or services and for other marketing purposes of any company which is utilizing Lavu’s applications, products or services.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Information
We may create anonymous information records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous information to analyze request patterns and usage patterns so that we may enhance the LAVU Websites and our applications, products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose anonymous Information to third parties in our sole discretion.